There are few summertime treats we enjoy more than fresh peach cobbler. Now is the perfect time to make one, since we have fresh organic peaches on sale for $2.49/lb (usually $3.49)! This simple recipe makes about eight servings and will be done in about an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk until dry ingredients are just wet (don't overstir!) Set aside batter.
- Melt butter in a 13"x9" baking dish. Pour batter on top, but don't stir.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice and bring to a boil on high, stirring constantly. Pour over batter, don't stir. Sprinkle with cinnamon (can be omitted if desired).
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes. Top should be golden brown.
- Can be served warm or cold. We like to serve ours hot with Three Twins' Madagascar Vanilla Ice cream on top (on sale for $3.69, reg. $4.49)