Total Time: 30 minutes
Yogurt replaces the traditional mayonnaise. Pineapple and "macadamia nuts are added in a refreshing version of this American classic.
- 2 cups apple (1 large apple), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup celery (1-2 ribs), cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup toasted macadamia nuts or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest (about 2-3 tablespoons juice)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, yogurt and honey. In a large salad bowl, gently toss the apples, grapes, celery, pineapple, and macadamia nuts or walnuts with the dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Substitute nonfat Greek yogurt for a lower-fat version if you like.
Showcasing the fruits of spring, a scoop of Tropical Waldorf salad is delicious with a brunch omelet or frittata, or served on a bed of lettuce alongside grilled pork.
210calories, 10 g. fat, 4 mg. cholesterol, 36 mg. sodium, 23 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 6 g. protein
Posted by permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.strongertogether.coop.