Total Time: 25 minutes
Pureed berries give the tangy wine vinegar dressing a creamy texture that gently clings to the lettuce and fruit.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 ripe mango, diced (see Tip)
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts, or sliced almonds (see Tip), optional
- Puree 1/2 cup raspberries, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender until combined.
- Combine greens, mango, avocado and onion in a large bowl. Pour the dressing on top and gently toss to coat. Divide the salad among 5 salad plates. Top each with the remaining raspberries and sprinkle with nuts, if using.
Tips & Notes
Dicing a Mango
- Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside..
- Cut the mango into a grid pattern, careful not to cut through the skin, into the desired size.
- Scoop out flesh from the skin with a large spoon.
- Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
- Remove the skin and cut the fruit into the desired shape.
To toast chopped or sliced nuts, heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
215 calories, 16 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 82 mg. sodium, 18 g. carbohydrate, 7 g. fiber, 3 g. protein
Posted by permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.strongertogether.coop.