- 1 organic onion, chopped
- 3 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or grassfed butter)
- 3 large organic leeks, top of stem removed and sliced round
- 4 cups organic chicken stock
- 4 organic sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions in the oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until onions become translucent.
- Add garlic and leeks to the pan, continuing to stir for about 3 minutes.
- Add cumin and stir until well incorporated.
- Add stock and potatoes, bringing to a boil. Let simmer for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Puree in blender and serve immediately.