Total Time: 30 minutes
This Oven Baked Honey Soy Sesame Cauliflower is an umami rich dish, full of sticky, sweet flavors that will delight vegetarians and meat eaters alike. It is quick to prepare and then happily bakes in the oven.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- fresh coriander for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 390ºF/200ºC.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and break it into small florets.
- Peel the onion and then cut it into thin wedges.
- Line a baking tray with tin foil and then cooking paper (baking parchment).
- Arrange the cauliflower and red onion on the tray.
- Add the honey, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and sesame oil to a jug.
- Grate/crush in the garlic and add the fennel seeds.
- Give the sauce a good whisk and then pour over the cauliflower.
- Roast for 20 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked and the sauce has reduced slightly.
- Serve topped with toasted sesame seeds and some fresh coriander.
74 calories, 9 g. calories from fat, 512 mg. sodium, 13 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 2 g. protein
Posted by permission from Claire. Find more recipes and information at www.sprinklesandsprouts.com