- 1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/3 cup cornstarch (or sub)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp organic paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups nectarines, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (or sub)
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine nectarines, butter, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When butter has melted and nectarines begin to break down, mash with potato masher. Continue to cook until slightly thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in basil to taste (if you really like the taste of basil go with 1 tbsp).
- While sauce is cooking, combine cornstarch, salt, paprika, and cayenne in a bowl. Put the egg whites in their own bowl, and the coconut in yet another.
- Holding shrimp by the tail, dip in the cornstarch, egg white, and then coconut. Make sure to coat evenly and tap off any excess. (You may have use your fingers to help the coconut stick).
- Place shrimp on a baking rack on top of baking sheet.
- Bake until slightly browned (about 15 minutes), flipping once after about 7 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce.