Fire Cider is an amazing tonic commonly used by herbalists to help prevent or fight cold and flu symptoms. It contains apple cider vinegar and immune-boosting, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and circulatory system stimulators. It's also a great way to get warmed up on a cold!
- 1/2 cup finely diced organic ginger root (peeled)
- 1/2 cup finely diced organic horseradish root (peeled)
- 1/2 cup finely diced organic turmeric (peeled)
- 1/2 cup chopped organic white onion
- 1/2 cup minced organic garlic cloves
- 2 chopped organic jalapeno peppers
- Zest and juice of 2 organic lemons
- Raw apple cider vinegar
- Raw organic honey to taste
- Add ginger, horseradish, onion, garlic, jalapeno, and lemon juice/zest to a quart sized sealable jar, packing lightly until jar is about 3/4 full. (Place heavy roots on top to weigh down the herbs and jalapenos)
- Pour apple cider vinegar over the roots and vegetables until completely full (make sure everything is covered to prevent spoiling)
- Seal container and place in a dark, room temperature cabinet for 2 weeks to a month.
- Shake well and strain roots/veggies out with a cheesecloth or sieve. Add honey to taste and store in fridge.