Total Time: 20 minutes
This lively chicken salad features kiwi, oranges and avocados with a simple Greek yogurt dressing.
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large scallions, chopped
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 large orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Place the chopped chicken in a large bowl. In a cup, stir the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and pour over the chicken. Add the scallions, kiwi, orange and avocado and toss to mix. Mix in almonds just before serving.
If you are planning on making chicken this week, cook an extra pound and save it to make this salad later. It’s an easy and colorful salad that can be eaten on its own, in a lettuce leaf or in a sandwich.
430 calories, 22 g. fat, 100 mg. cholesterol, 410 mg. sodium, 18 g. carbohydrate, 6 g. fiber, 42 g. protein
Posted by permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.strongertogether.coop.