This whole recipe can be prepared for less than $1/serving
thanks to our Co+op Basics Program!
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter
- 1 cup flour*
- 2 cups fair trade sugar*
- 1 tbsp Bob's Red Mill Baking Powder
- Pinch salt*
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh organic peaches, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh juice from organic lemon
- Cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- In the oven, melt butter on low in a 13" x 9" baking dish
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and milk. Stir until ingredients are moist.
- Remove dish from oven, and set oven to preheat 375°. Pour batter into the baking dish until evenly distributed. Do not stir.
- In a medium saucepan, bring remaining ingredients to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Pour over batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.
Pair it with the perfect ice cream!
Our Madagascar Vanilla organic ice cream is delicious, and if you're looking for a dairy-free option you should definitely check out the vanilla ice cream from Nada Moo that we just brought in. Yum!
Yields 10 servings. Starred (*) items are available in bulk, and bolded items are part of the Co+op Basics Program.