Total Time: 35 minutes (if using dried figs, less with fresh)
This pizza is a lovely mix of sweet and savory, and showcases the Mediterranean flavors of figs and tangy cheese. If you are looking for some nibbles to serve alongside wine, make a few of these. They will be a hit!
- 4 small naan breads or pitas
- 8 large fresh or dried, moist figs
- 1 teaspoon red wine (if using dried figs)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 6 ounces crumbled chevre
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the naan or pita breads on a sheet pan and reserve. Slice the figs across the fruit, making rounds. If you are using dried figs, and they seem dry, put them in a small bowl and sprinkle with the wine. Let soak for ten minutes.
- Drain any remaining wine and distribute the fig slices on top of the naan. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with pepper, then top with crumbled chevre and thyme.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the bread is crisp on the bottom and the cheese is melted. Serve hot.
To learn more about figs, click here!
351 Calories, 1 g. fat, 15 mg. cholesterol, 537 mg. sodium, 57 g. carbohydrate, 16 g. fiber, 13 g. protein
Posted by permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.strongertogether.coop.