June's Cheese of Month is a perfect way to welcome summer! Laura Chenel's Summer Fig Pure Goat Milk Cheese is deliciously sweet with the refreshing tanginess of citrus. It's perfect with local fruit, crackers, or a glass of sparkling wine. Or, get creative in the kitchen and try it in our Summer Fig & Asparagus Pizza recipe below!
This delectable cheese is only $4.99 all month! (reg $6.49)
Summer Fig & Asparagus Pizza
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed, halved, and cut into 1" pieces
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pack Co-op Housemade Pizza Dough
- 14oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- Laura Chenel's Summer Fig Pure Goat Milk Cheese
- 3 tbsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a medium bowl, toss asparagus in oil until evenly coated.
- Spread pizza dough over baking sheet, rolling out to desired thickness.
- Spoon tomatoes and asparagus over dough, leaving room for crust.
- Bake for 7 minutes, remove from oven, and crumble goat cheese liberally over pizza.
- Sprinkle with spices, and return to oven, baking until crust is golden around the edges (about 9 minutes).