Every month we bring in a new cheese to the Boise Co-op! This month, we are excited to feature Purple Haze from Cypress Grove Chevre. This is an award-winning fresh goat's milk cheese made with lavender and fennel pollen. It's the perfect cheese to pair with a crisp, summery beverage! According to Cypress Grove, it pairs nicely with a Sauvignon Blanc or a Riesling. If you prefer beer with your cheese, try it with a Witbier or a Pilsner.
Going to a picnic? Pack a bag with Purple Haze cheese, peaches, crackers, and a crisp white wine. Headed to a party this weekend? Why not make this delicious frosting?
- Place Purple Haze in a medium size bowl.
- Pour the melted butter and vanilla bean seeds to the cheese, blend on low speed with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time and blend on low until all the ingredients come together.
- Give the mixture a whirl on high for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
Makes enough to ice a single layer cake or 1 dozen cupcakes – double the recipe for a second layer.
Content and recipe thanks to Cypress Grove
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 vanilla bean (seeds scraped from pod)
- 4 oz Purple Haze
- 2 cups powdered sugar