Total Time: 30 minutes
Kimchi is one of those foods that adds an extra depths in flavors to other foods. Tacos, hotdogs, and cheese sandwiches can all be perked up with a spoonful of this fermented delight – this trend is well on the way to becoming a staple. The Asian-Style-Glazed Hot Dog with Kimchi is a fun and delicious take on traditional summer time fare. Inspired by the Japadog food truck in Vancouver, Canada.
- 4 Beef Hot Dogs, Grilled
- 4 Hot dog buns, Toasted
- 4 Tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons of Kimchi drained
- 1 Teaspoon of oil
- 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons of Sriracha
- 4 Slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of cilantro leaves stems removed and shredded
- 4 Nori Sheets, cut into thin strips
- Black sesame seeds
- Sauté Kimchi in oil on medium heat until most of the moisture is gone. Set aside.
- Mix mayonnaise with Sriracha and place it into a squeeze bottle.
- Heat up the BBQ and grill the hotdogs for about 8 minutes turning every 2 minutes careful not to burn, then brush them with the Teriyaki sauce and grill them for another 20 seconds. (Glaze the hot dogs at the end, Teriyaki sauce is high in sugar, and will burn)
- Toast the buns on the grill for 30 seconds cut side down.
- Put a slice cheddar cheese inside each bun, then place your hotdog on top.
- Now comes the fun part! Spoon the Kimchi into the warm buns next to the hotdogs and squeeze the Sriracha mayonnaise on top. Finally garnish with the cilantro leaves, Nori strips, and black sesame seeds.