The Boise Co-op Community Fund (BCCF) is an endowment fund in which individuals may donate money that will earn interest. The fund is sponsored by Boise Co-op and administered by Twin Pines Cooperative Foundation (TPCF). TPCF invests the assets primarily in cooperative development funds, credit unions and local community-owned banks that support cooperatives. As the fund grows, the interest earned is given to nonprofits and/or cooperatives in our community.
The BCCF embodies the Co-op’s commitment to continue to grow not just as a business, but also as a resource that takes the concerns of our community to heart and to action.
To kickstart our fund, Equal Exchange will match every dollar that co-owners donate (up to $5,000) to our Community Fund! Boise Co-op will match the next $5,000 given by co-owners — creating a $10,000 challenge match.
Please consider donating to the Community Fund. You can make a tax-deductible donation by sending a check to BCC/TPCF (Boise Consumer Co-op and Twin Pines Cooperative Foundation) or by donating your patronage dividend at the register.
About the Investments
TPCF/CCF is/has invested/loaned or deposited in the following cooperative development funds, cooperatives and projects:
- $400,000 Northcountry Cooperative Development Fund (mainly Midwest)
- $200,000 Cooperative Fund of New England (New England)
- $150,000 Boston Community Capital (New England)
- $325,000 ICA Leaf Fund (Northeast and National)
- $300,000 Organic Valley Co-op (based in Wisconsin with membership of farmers in USA)
- $100,000 Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op (Paid off)
- $100,000 Briarpatch Co-op (move to a new larger location in Nevada City) (Paid off)
- $300,000 Equal Exchange (based in New England: national distribution to most food co-ops)
- $200,000 NCB Savings (federally insured) (the National Co-op Bank’s affiliate)
- $400,000 New Hampshire Community Loan Fund
- $10,000 Organic Maple Cooperative (Cashton, WI)
- $200,000 plus deposits in federally insured credit union
For more information, please contact Mo Valko at [email protected]